Meagan Musing: 37 Week Baby Update

Meagan Musing

7/20/2011

37 Week Baby Update

I'm 37 weeks and full term!

WEB_37Weeks_IMG_6784

I had my weekly appointment yesterday and my doctor was a little worried that she seemed small, especially compared to Andrew at this point so he sent me in for an ultrasound today.

Brian came with me and it was nice to get to see her again, but she was so squished in there it was hard to see anything that we could really distinguish as the baby. :)

Sure enough she's measuring about 35 weeks and 5.5 lbs. We're not very concerned though because her relative growth and fluid level is fine - she just seems to be small. Andrew was so huge the whole time that this is all new to me, but I really feel like everything will work out fine.

And it makes me realize I should not be in a hurry to deliver this baby. Yes, it's insanely hot and it's hard to be pregnant, especially when you have a toddler at home, but the longer this baby stays inside to grow and get strong the better.

And here's a 17, 27 and 37 week comparison:

WEB_17Wk27Wk37Wk

I mean - you'd think she'd be right on track as big as I am at this point. And can we talk about how back on March 1st I was able to wear that nice lightweight sweater? Oh, how I miss my layers.

(You didn't think I could post without mentioning the weather did you? :) )

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At least your fluid levels and whatnot are all checking out ok! This is probably more of an inconvenience for you than anything. :) LOL You still look fab, though!

    By Blogger Courtney K., At July 20, 2011 at 2:59:00 PM CDT  

  • Try not to worry about their estimates too much. Toward the end of my first pregnancy my son's head measurements were measuring small and they had me all worried that he was going to be small and that I had IUGR. My son was 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 39 weeks. His head circumference did measure small; however, it was normal range. He is now 8 and is HIGHLY intelligent ;)

    You look beautiful, BTW!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At July 20, 2011 at 5:14:00 PM CDT  

  • It's almost go time!! YAY!

    By Blogger Jamie Kubeczka, At July 21, 2011 at 8:17:00 AM CDT  

  • i can't remember if it was worse directly before having henry or directly after. all i know is these next few months will be a whirlwind, and before you know it, you'll be posting pics of your daughter at 10 months, thinking "wait, wasn't she born yesterday?" you think time flies with the first one, wait until your second.

    here's hoping these next few weeks are as relaxed as they possibly can be.

    By Blogger Sarah- Little Ark Photography, At July 21, 2011 at 4:01:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home