Meagan Musing: Email Replies on Blogger

Meagan Musing

7/14/2011

Email Replies on Blogger

I have been blogging at this Blogger blog since 2006(!) and until recently I hadn't known how to reply directly to a comment on my blog. This was so frustrating because I often had something to say to a commenter or just wanted to follow up with them.

So I did a little research, and I've learned that it is possible (and very easy) to email a response to a comment on Blogger!

I hope this helps some people out.

First, on your profile page you want to make sure that show my email address is checked. This will ensure that when you comment on someone's blog they will be able to see your email address on your profile and they will have a way to email you if they want to follow up with you.



It's also just nice to have a way for people to get in touch with you online.

Next, go into your Setting tab and click on Comments. You'll see lots of options for comment moderation, word verification and where you want your comment form to go.

Scroll toward the bottom and find Comment Notification Email.


Add the email address that you want to use for your blog correspondence. (It doesn't have to be the same email you use to log in to your blog.) Make sure you hit Save Settings.

Now when someone leaves a comment on your blog you will receive an email. And if they have checked Show my email address on their profile page, you'll be able to reply directly to them by replying to the comment notification email you receive.

Awesome!

I don't know why it took me so long to figure this out, and maybe I'm the last one to know, but I'm glad I know now. I can finally answer questions and follow up with commenters!

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Lol. I thought I was the last one to know this! I get so frustrated when I can't reply to people's comments directly. I love doing it if I get the time after the kiddie are asleep - it's a great way to make a personal connection.

    By Blogger Unknown, At July 14, 2011 at 7:45:00 AM CDT  

  • I always read my comments in my email. It's nice when people have their emails set up in blogger so that you can reply when you have something you want to say. It's nice that you've been blogging such a long time. I wish I had started earlier.

    By Blogger deb duty, At July 14, 2011 at 10:30:00 AM CDT  

  • I always read my comments in my email too. I knew about the email option but so few people have it checked so I can't respond to them. Thanks for making people more aware.

    By Blogger Misty, At July 14, 2011 at 11:49:00 AM CDT  

  • Thanks! I just changed my settings. :)

    By Blogger Jen, At July 14, 2011 at 12:19:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home