Meagan Musing: Girl Nursery 101

Meagan Musing

4/18/2011

Girl Nursery 101

When I was designing Andrew's nursery it all seemed so easy. We'd paint the room blue, find some cute bedding, accessories and a comfy chair and we'd be good to go.

Seriously - there aren't all that many options for baby boy nursery bedding that isn't blue with sailboats. So it seemed kind of easy, especially now that I'm looking back on it.

Because oh my word this girl nursery is so hard!

I thought I'd found my bedding a few weeks ago:

(Lily Nursery Bedding from Pottery Barn Kids).

But then I decided I really wanted to use a pale blue/green/aqua color in the room and maybe on the walls.

Like this:


(Photo Credit: Project Nursery, Amelia Kate's Nursery by nickipasqualone)

Or this:


(Photo credit: ohdeedoh, Nora's Nursery Tour)

Soooo I don't really know that my blue/green color will work with the bedding I've picked out. So I decided to look for different bedding and I'm just not finding anything I'm crazy about.

There's this from Serena and Lily:


I like the sheet a lot - it's aqua and melon. I could do that and still use the ruffly crib skirt from Pottery Barn and a pretty blue/aqua color on the walls.

I also really like this from Little House at Lyla Grace:


But the bed skirt makes me think of a man's dress shirt. So I'd have to find a different skirt to go with it. Also, I think the bumper is just plane jane cream color on the inside and that's no fun for baby!

Do you see where this is going?

Maybe I'll just stick with the first bedding from PBK and use the soft blue color for my walls. I think that's what I've talked myself into by writing all this down.

Thanks for the help, y'all!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home