Meagan Musing: This Weekend's Fun

Meagan Musing

2/20/2011

This Weekend's Fun

Brian started the part-time MBA program at SMU this January and he's still working his regular, long hours. Which means he's really, really busy. He's been great about making time for us though, and I'm so thankful.

But this weekend he pretty much dedicated to school so Andrew and I got to spend lots of time together.

I wanted to scope out a possible photo location so we headed to a new park on Saturday morning. It was a little too sketchy for family portraits, but far away from the sketchiness was a huge, covered playground and Andrew had a blast. He kept running, running, running fast. And climbing of course.

Brian came home that evening and we grilled out, enjoying this awesome early spring weather.

Today Brian spent some time with us before heading off to study. So we were back outside.

WEB_OverallComposite

I love his expression is these! Brian was standing behind me making funny faces and Andrew decided to make funny faces back at him. It's so much easier to get cute photos when you have a helper.

WEB_IMG_3666_EditBW

WEB_IMG_3664_EditBW

You'd think Andrew would have been exhausted, but it was a no-nap day. We're having some nap issues. Before I weaned him in January I always nursed Andrew to sleep at naptime. I know that's terrible, but it worked for us. He went to bed at night just fine and if I wasn't there he'd nap just fine, but if I was there for naptime that's what we did.

So now when I put him down for a nap it can be a bit of a struggle. I usually have to rock him until he's asleep. But recently he's been fighting me on it and we're both pretty tired of it, I think.

So today he just hung out in his crib and talked to himself for an hour and half - not very restful for either of us.

But now he's asleep and I'm watching The Amazing Race. I'm so excited about this season! I love so many of these teams from past seasons. It's going to be fun.

Hope you all have great weeks ahead!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • I love the pictures of Andrew in the wagon. He is so adorable!
    Best of luck with the napping issues. Eli recently stopped napping, but I still put him in bed for 30 minutes at the same time every day for quiet time. I would highly recommend it if it works for the two of you.

    By Blogger Unknown, At February 21, 2011 at 12:05:00 AM CST  

  • What a great series of pics of Andrew! Love the expressions!

    Do you have a favorite team you are routing for on TAR? I really like Gary and I think Megan, his daughter. Gary is a coach for our Philadelphia Phillies and I was so sorry that they were eliminated the first time.

    By Blogger Coneflower Ranch, At February 21, 2011 at 1:34:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home