Meagan Musing: Christmas Decoration Rewind

Meagan Musing

1/07/2008

Christmas Decoration Rewind

Oh the joys of putting away the Christmas decorations! Why is it so much fun to put them up, but so awful to take them down? I got my hair done on Saturday morning (No, I didn't do anything crazy. Just my normal hair.) and promptly ran home to start ripping the house apart.

I, of course, wanted the whole house to look like Christmas had never happened by the time I went to bed on Saturday night. It's not that I don't love my Christmas decorations, but I was ready to move on. January gives us a new start, a clean slate. I always feel I should start the New Year with a clean house, too. But I didn't think about the fact that we still had all our Christmas presents to put away, suitcases to unpack, and baskets of laundry to do, too.

We didn't make as much progress as I'd hoped we would, but we had nice clean clothes to wear today, which is an improvement over last week. All the boxes with our Christmas stuff are just chillin' in the upstairs guestroom. They're not quite ready to be put away yet, so for now I will just keep that bedroom door closed and pretend it's not there. At least the tree is in the attic, snugly put away in its nice little green bag ready to go next year.

I'll look at some New Years Goals (rather than resolutions, that just seems so formal, don't you think?) later this week, but one that keeps popping in my head is to try to be a little less regulated; I need to work on going with the flow a little more often. While I want to be as organized I can be, it's okay if the upstairs guestroom is a mess, and we still have presents to put away. This is me...going with the flow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home