Meagan Musing: Christmas Meme

Meagan Musing

12/19/2007

Christmas Meme

I saw this meme on a blog somewhere and thought I'd do it, too!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper! I think wrapped presents are so pretty under the tree. Gift bags are handy, but I think they're more for birthdays and such.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial all the way. I've never had a real tree, but I'm just sure they are messy and not worth the effort. Of course, Brian thinks this is just wrong, wrong, wrong but he's learned.

3. When do you put up the tree? I like to put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving so we can have lots of time to enjoy the season.

4. When do you take the tree down? I generally think the tree should be down by my birthday on January 3rd, but it's usually up until the first weekend after the New Year.

5. Do you like egg nog? Blech! - That's a no.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I wish I could think of something specific. I know I always loved to get clothes. My clothes habit started very early in life!

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. My Nana has given each of her granddaughters a piece from the Fontanini nativity collection for years. I have about 12 pieces now and treasure it dearly. I bought a creche at an after Christmas sale a few years ago so the nativity is now key to my Christmas decorating.

8. Hardest person to buy for? You'd think it'd be my Mom because she already has everything, but I'm going to go with Brian's brother Dan.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My sister Kelsey. If I think I'd like to have it, she probably would too. And since I do the bulk of my shopping with her it's really easy to figure out what she wants.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? If I sent them out it would definitely be by mail. I don't think I know anyone who would email a Christmas card...do I?

11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmm...I know the worst wedding present! I have a hard time remembering presents from Christmases past.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf! or maybe Love Actually, but I don't think that really counts as a Christmas movie. I'm such a dork. Brian and I watched Elf the year it came out on DVD and I loved it. I hope we watch it again this year.

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? One year Dan gave us a Bart Simpson pez dispenser and a Mr. T. soap on a rope (as a joke?). They made great white elephant gift exchange presents!

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Oh - everything! I really love a good Christmas ham.

15. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear of course! They just seem so clean.

16. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night hands down. Gives me chills every time I hear it.

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel. You've got to spend Christmas with family!

18. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? I don't think so, and it would take me a while to try.

19. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Kelsey and I have opened matching pajamas on Christmas Eve every year for as long as I can remember. This year we'll do it on Saturday night since we're having our Reid family Christmas over the weekend. This is one of my favorite Christmas traditions! And of course we have to wear them to open all our presents on Christmas morning.

20. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Traffic!

21. Favorite ornament theme or color? Mmmm....I'd have to say red.

22. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Did I already mention the ham?

23. What do you want for Christmas this year? It's a technology Christmas. I've asked Mom and Dad for a laptop and Brian for a Curve Blackberry.

I hope you're all getting in to the Christmas spirit!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • No real tree EVER? Oh my goodness! Real trees SMELL like Christmas! And the little needles they drop on the floor are so very, very festive!
    Thanks for stopping by my place! :)

    By Blogger Beck, At December 19, 2007 at 6:14:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home