Meagan Musing: Book Worm

Meagan Musing

12/18/2007

Book Worm

One week! One week people! Wow, I have a lot left to do before Christmas. And all I want to do is read. I've been getting my books together for our trip to Colorado the week after Christmas. Brian will be skiing for three days which means that I will be reading and receiving spa treatments for three days.

I love to read on vacation. You don't feel bad about spending hours with your nose in a book, because you're not supposed to be doing anything else. At home I feel like I have to squeeze reading in between the laundry I need to finish or the piles I need to go through, but on vacation I'm worry free!

I'm taking World Without End which I haven't gotten around to reading yet. I went back to read the last few chapters of Pillars of the Earth before I started its sequel and I got drawn back in to it. It's just so good! And I finally picked up Rebecca the classic novel by Daphne duMaurier. It's been on my nightstand since June but I decided to pick it up this week before Christmas, read a few pages, and make sure I wanted to read it on vacation. Arg...I just should have waited because now I can't put it down.

My co-worker Erin has been listening to Outlander on tape in the car on her way to and from work. I've read it three or four times, but it's been years so I think I'd like to go back and read it again just for kicks. So that's three pretty hefty books I want to read (and one I need to brush up on) between now and the new year.

Do you have any good suggestions for heavy vacation reading? The TV writers are still on strike so I should have lots of time for reading in January, too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home