Meagan Musing: Our Halls are Decked

Meagan Musing

12/18/2012

Our Halls are Decked

I had no idea I was barely going to blog this month.

I miss it - this space. I miss you and your blogs. I know I won't get back to them this week before Christmas, but those days afterward when Brian's home to child wrangle?

I'm so there.

I've been trying to post our Christmas house photos for days.

I was going to put them up last Friday and then the horrific events in Connecticut stole any desire to be productive. Instead I sat on the floor and played cars and read books and stared at my kiddos thanking God for every single blessing in my life and praying great comfort for all the grieving families.

And then I got sick. Like, lay in bed and beg for more medicine sick. At one point my fever was 102.3. What?? I'm too old for that.

So I finally dragged myself to the doctor today, and I have tonsillitis. So rest and fluids and an antibiotic. Amazingly my kids are still perfectly healthy and Brian's been so helpful, but Christmas is coming!

And I still have way too much to do to have just spent three days down and out. I'm hoping the RX means I'll be on the mend like now.

So to help spread a little Christmas cheer (because we could all use more!) I'm finally sharing my very favorite Christmas decor!



My mom has collected Santas for as long as I can remember. She easily has over 50 of the jolly guys and she's passed on her love to me.

These little crinkle clauses are by Impossible Dreams and you can only find them on Ebay these days. A short run in the 90s and now they're gone. But they're still so awesome. I like to add to my collection in the off season. They are scattered throughout the house right now.


And my mom gave me the beautiful green coated Santa a few years ago. He's definitely a favorite. He sits in our entryway hall.


Here is our tree. It has neither a topper or presents under it, but it looks great anyway! No presents because Caroline unwraps them in about 30 seconds and no topper because I didn't know what I wanted to do this year so I just never did anything. lol.



I LOVE our ornaments. My collection has been growing over the years since I got out of school and put up my tree. These are a few favorites from this year.


My nana started giving me pieces to the Fontanini nativity back when I was in high school. This is one of my most treasured Christmas decorations! I've had to keep Caroline's little hands off of it this year, but I wasn't going to skip it.



I used a little burlap and some natural elements this year. These little wreaths are from Target a few years ago but this is the first time I've used them here. The burlap bow is on a tiny tree in our entry way.


And also new this year - my staircase. I used these little berry picks on the top of our tree last year and decided to try them on the stairs this time. I wish I'd had a little sprig of evergreen to add to each bundle. Maybe next year. These were fun and added some cheer to our staircase. And Caroline only tried to eat the little ornaments once! :)


And finally, I bought this garland with Pottery Barn gift cards the year we were married and it still looks pretty. I've threaded it through the light fixture in our dining room the last few years and it makes me happy every time I walk by.

I love our house at Christmastime. It's still covered in toys and dirty kids clothes, but it's festive and cheerful and full of light - just what this season is all about.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Linking up with The Nester & A Sorta Fairytale

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home