Meagan Musing: Countdown....

Meagan Musing

12/02/2012

Countdown....


Today was the last Sunday Brian will ever have to spend studying for an MBA class. He has a final Monday night and a final on Tuesday night, and then he will done.

Finished. Forever.

I think I will sing the Hallelujah chorus when he walks in the door that night. And pour him a glass of Scotch.

I am so very proud of him.

Caroline has a cold. Just your run of the mill runny nose cold, but I think she's sharing it with the rest of us. My nose is a little stuffy and my throat is getting scratchier by the minute. I'm hoping a good nights' sleep will nip it in the bud.

My house is almost decorated for Christmas. It's such a process. Our tree is up and my favorite santas are out. My nativity is on display, but I have to gently nudge Mary and the shepherds back into place after Caroline and her busy hands have gone to bed.

I have two new wreaths to hang. I'm waiting on some burlap ribbon I ordered from Etsy. And then I'll share some photos.


I've been pouring over Miss Mustard Seed and Perfectly Imperfect the last few days and now I want to paint all the furniture in my house.

But instead I just painted a pair of big dark frames in our breakfast room. They're not exactly what I want them to be, but they're bright and different than they were before. I just jumped in with paint and a paintbrush and did it. I wasn't scared of messing them up; I can always paint over it if I don't like it, right?

Just Do It as they say.

I can hardly wait to get finished with all my Christmas stuff so I can keep painting. :)

But it is Christmas and I still have so much to do. I haven't wrapped any presents yet, but at least a big bulk of my shopping is finished.


I made the great mistake of letting Andrew watch part of the Jim Carrey Grinch movie and now he may never sleep easy again. I feel SO AWFUL. I just didn't know it was going to have such an effect on him. He doesn't understand why Santa is real and CAN go down the chimney, but the Grinch is pretend and will never go down our chimney.

::sigh::

I'm usually so careful about what I'll let him watch, but this was a big mom fail.

I need another Christmas movie appropriate for a three year old that will get his mind off this Grinch. Any ideas?

Happy new week friends! I hope it's off to an excellent start!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home