Meagan Musing: Coffee Scarves & Christmas Flags

Meagan Musing

11/20/2012

Coffee Scarves & Christmas Flags

I know we're all off getting ready for Thanksgiving this week, and I think I've done a pretty good job of focusing on the turkey, not skipping ahead to Christmas. It's hard though.

I have listened to a little Michael Bublé Christmas music. I've started my shopping and picked out my wrapping paper. And I've designed a few Christmas cards for friends and family.

But I still have my pumpkins out in the house. They're moldy now though so come Friday it'll be full on Christmas around here.

One thing I wanted to do ahead of time was make a few little gifts for Andrew and Caroline's teachers. Y'all know how much I love my iced coffee cups, but I decided hot coffee might be a little more appropriate for the holidays.

And I've recently discovered the joys of working with felt. It's super easy to cut, it doesn't fray and I don't have to sew it.

I put these together and came up with coffee scarves.


How adorable are these?

And they were super easy.


Cut a one inch strip off your 12" felt square and make little cuts at the ends to make the fringe. And the only tricky part is that you have to sew on the button. I did have to watch a YouTube video, but I did it. lol!

Once your scarf is ready you'll want to print your Christmas flags.
>>>> You can download the jpeg file here. <<<<


Attach the flags with mini clothes pins and you're set.

You can also attach the flags to a lolly pop stick and put it on top.



I can't wait to give these to the kids' teachers. And I think they'd be great neighbor gifts too. Who doesn't love coffee?

Enjoy!


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home