Meagan Musing: Comparisons

Meagan Musing

11/12/2012

Comparisons

I know I'm not the only one out there sitting down to the computer surrounded by Legos. Right? Please say I'm not alone.


I try so hard to pick it all up at night after the kids are in bed. And most nights I get it done. Truth be told I'll still probably get to it tonight because I'm crazy, and I hate waking up to a messy house.

But still, some nights it's just so hard to do it all again.

And again, and again....when you know you're going to do it, that's right, again the next day.

Brian totally blessed me this weekend and watched the kids all afternoon while I went to a neighborhood house tour with my sister.

We walked through these perfectly tidy and beautifully decorated homes taking in all the little details, the color schemes and the floor plans and the amazing furniture.

And Kelsey and I laughed so much because you could immediately tell which houses were not homes to small children.

Oh, you have a wall of wine starting two feet off the floor? Child-free!

Oh, you have floor-length still-white drapes in the dining room? Child-free!

Oh, you have a giant stone fireplace and sharp edges on every piece of furniture? Child-free!

It was kinda funny after awhile. But I love looking at these homes just as much as I love to flip through House Beautiful and Better Homes and Gardens.

I know right now our house isn't going to look like something out of a magazine and some days that frustrates me like crazy.


The frustration sets in when I start the deadly comparison game. It's no fun to compare my house to those perfectly clean living rooms, or to those fun and funky kitchens I see on Instagram. And don't even get me started on Pinterest!

But this is a short season in our lives and some day I'll get to go to bed without having to pick up a single Lego or sippy cup. Maybe!

And maybe then I'll be able to spend a little more time decorating and a little less time toy organizing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home