Meagan Musing: Couch to 5K Progress

Meagan Musing

7/03/2012

Couch to 5K Progress

I was in the best shape of my life right before I got pregnant with Andrew.

I was getting up and going to they gym to run before work three or four days a week and on the weekends. I ran a few 5K's and really enjoyed them.

And I kept up my walking/jogging routine during the first half of my pregnancy, but I really let it slide as I got further along.

I got back to it about six months after he was born, and it was pretty easy for me. I was surprised at how quickly I was able to build back to my 3 miles a few days a week, and I really started losing the baby weight after I started running again.

Now, I never got quite all the way down to my starting weight, but I was close. And my body looked different, but I was okay with that.

I was still nursing, and I'd HAD A BABY!

I was having a harder time fitting in my workouts when I found out I was pregnant with Caroline and it was pretty easy to let the running sessions go. I would still walk twice a week or so, but it wasn't much.

So when Caroline was born I thought I'd get back to my workouts soon enough.

But that was before I realized that having a baby and a toddler at home is CRAZY!

So just last month I laced up my running shoes and hopped on the treadmill.


I downloaded the Couch to 5K app on my phone and took off, Week 1 Day 1.

I was sailing through until I hit Week 2, Day 2 and my ankles gave out on me.

They were so sore and swollen and red. It hurt to go down the stairs and walk anywhere in a hurry, much less jog at a slow pace.

So I've taken over a week off to let them rest up, and I'm really hoping I can make it through the first week again without pain.

I'm just so disappointed. I used to be able to do this! It's not like I sit around all day. In fact, I'm standing up most of the day: making lunch, folding laundry, editing photos, reading blogs, cleaning the kitchen - all on my feet!

I know I'll never be a skinny-mini 115 pounds again, but I'd like to be in shape. I want to stay healthy. I want to stave off the weight gain that will come when I stop nursing the baby.

So I'm going to start again next week. Verrrrry slowly. And I'm not going to give up.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home