Meagan Musing: Banana Apple Muffins

Meagan Musing

6/19/2012

Banana Apple Muffins

I keep buying bananas and the people in my house keep not eating them.

I'll admit I'm not a fan of bananas on their own. The mushyness just gets to me. But Andrew used to love bananas and now he doesn't want them.

And Caroline's not really a fan. So I'd been tossing bananas and decided that was silly...

Let's make muffins!

I've been making these since I served them at Andrew's 2nd birthday party. They're a hit!

You will need:


All this stuff plus applesauce.

And a cute assistant:


{Adapted from www.welicious.com}

Ingredients:

1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Cinnamon
2 Tbsp Vegetable or Canola Oil
1/2 Cup Applesauce
1/2 Cup Honey
1 Egg
1/2 Cup Milk
2 Bananas, mashed
1 Medium Apple, peeled and grated

Combine all the dry ingredients in a big mixing bowl.



Smash your bananas and grate your apples, then add them to a separate bowl with the honey, applesauce, oil, egg and milk. Mix well.

Slowly add the four to the banana mixture.


Stir it all together, but not too much because it'll make 'em chewy. And no one likes chewy muffins!


Fill your muffin cups.

If you use wrappers you shouldn't eat the muffins while they're still warm out of the oven because lots of the muffin will stick to the wrapper. Or so I've heard.

*Ahem*

Bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.


Our favorite way to clean out the banana stash. And everyone loves 'em!

So, do the people in your house actually eat all the bananas? 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home