Meagan Musing: Friday Challenges

Meagan Musing

8/05/2011

Friday Challenges

It's been another fun week in our house. It was the last week of our short summer Mother's Day Out program. *sniff, sniff*

We're going to miss the wonderful Miss Jennifer. She was so good with Andrew and he just loved her.

We'll have three full weeks at home before we start back up in the fall. I can't decide if this is good timing or not with the baby coming any day now.

Also, I finally, finally finished Ken Follett's Fall of Giants this week. I'd started it back in March. I'm pretty sure it's never taken me that long to finish a book. I enjoyed it, but I was kind of happy to move on to something else.

I decided to start The Hunger Games books. I'd been hearing good things about them, and I wanted something short and fast after 1,000 pages of World War I.

I've already finished the first book and I loved it. It wasn't at all silly or Twilight-like. I'm reading them on my Kindle so I've already downloaded the second book and I'm going to start it this weekend.

Here are a few fun shots from our week. It's been the hottest week I've ever lived through so we've tried hard to leave the comfort of our air conditioning as little as possible. I don't have a lot to share, photo-wise, but I'm pretty excited about a few of these.

We did get out and play a bit this morning while it was still a comfortable 95. I just love the soft colors of this one.

WEB_IMG_7393_Edit2

Favorite Fridays at Skinned Knees


And then I found this lizard, and it sat still long enough for me to capture it.

WEB_IMG_7386_Edit1

and then, she {snapped}

I couldn't believe it let us stare it down. Andrew was fascinated!

WEB_IMG_7316_Edit1

WEB_IMG_7321_Edit1

This poor kid is so tired of playing inside. Hopefully just a few more weeks and it'll be bearable out there so we can get back out for more than 15 minutes in the morning.

Y'all have a great weekend!

Labels: , , , ,

13 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home