Meagan Musing: Mother's Day

Meagan Musing

5/09/2011

Mother's Day

I had such a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. I got to go out with great girlfriends for dinner on Saturday night and then Sunday morning Brian blessed me and let me sleep in until 9:30. Oh, it was wonderful.

We spent the morning in the backyard with the water hose and the sprinkler and Andrew was in heaven.

WEB_CompositionSprinkler

I'm pretty sure we've found our favorite summer activity. Andrew could have done this for hours and I was able to stay nice and cool outside in the sun.

WEB_IMG_5210_Edit1

Especially since after every run in to the sprinkler Andrew would run back to me and give me a nice, wet leg hug.

WEB_IMG_5212_EditBW

WEB_IMG_5234_Edit1

We got cleaned up and our favorite babysitter came to spend the afternoon with Andrew so Brian and I could go to the Mavericks game with my parents.

We won, by a lot, and that place was crazy! It was louder than I've ever heard the AAC, but I loved it. I was so happy for my Mavs. :)

MavsGameMay8

Then we came home and picked up Andrew and met my sister and her family to go out to dinner. We got to celebrate Mother's Day and Kelsey's birthday.

Andrew had taken a good nap after all our outside playtime so he was happy and so well behaved at dinner.

Really, it was just a perfect day. I got to spend it with all my favorite people, and I couldn't have asked for anything more.

I never dreamed I'd enjoy being a mother as much as I do. I feel so blessed.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home