Meagan Musing: Friday Chat

Meagan Musing

5/06/2011

Friday Chat

We started Andrew in swim lessons three weeks ago. We went to our free preview class and Andrew loved it. He was a little nervous at first, but quickly warmed up to the water and was asking to go back before we'd even driven out of the parking lot.

But then the next week he was sick with a nasty cold, and I didn't want to take him in the pool. And last week we had painters at the house working on the nursery and I needed to be home for that.

WEB_IMG_5126_Edit1

So we signed up for swim lessons and then promptly missed our first two lessons. We're so committed! But we were back today and it went really well.

They were understanding and didn't kick us out of class and Andrew loved it again. I do think he's a little behind the rest of the class, but we'll get better soon. Brian is a swimmer and competed on the swim team at SMU so Andrew has good water genes. Surely he'll be an expert in no time!

WEB_IMG_5113_Edit1

The worst part about swim lessons is that I have to wear a swim suit. Maternity swim suits are not flattering. And that's all I have to say about that.

Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo and I really wanted to make some kind of Mexican food feast. This taco salad from www.bakedbree.com was first on my list. But I didn't have any grilled chicken or lettuce or tomatoes.

And I wasn't going to stop at the store in my maternity swim suit, so we had a quesadilla and black beans delivered from Quesa d Yas. And I put a lime in my O'Doul's. I felt very festive.

WEB_IMG_5123_Edit1

Did you notice Andrew's snazzy new haircut? We had to get it cut Wednesday after I saw this picture from earlier in the week:

WEB_IMG_5102

It was time.

Do you have any fun weekend plans?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I would have killed for some really good Mexican food last night. We have ZERO mexican restaurants on this Island. So I cooked Pizza instead. :) Can't wait to hear more about his swimming lessons! What a cutie!

    By Blogger Courtney K., At May 6, 2011 at 11:12:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home