Meagan Musing: Practice

Meagan Musing

1/20/2011

Practice

Brian gives really awesome Christmas presents, and this year was no exception. He gave me a beautiful new Canon 100mm L f/2.8. Whoa...it's really nice.

My favorite shot with it so far is this one of little baby Jack:

WEB_IMG_2602_Edit1

I just love these.

WEB_Composition1

So I decided to get a little practice in with it Tuesday afternoon. It was nice enough to play outside and Andrew was kind of cooperative.

But it's a lot slower to focus than my 50mm and Andrew's really fast so I got some pretty soft ones like these:

WEB_IMG_2716_Edit1

WEB_IMG_2718_Edit1

WEB_IMG_2712_Edit1

But then I got this:

WEB_IMG_2740_Edit1

It's a good thing we don't have to shoot film anymore. I get so many bad images to get a few winners.

I'll leave y'all with this great post over at Darcy's blog, Life With My 3 Boybarians.

Don't Put Off the Printing

I am so, so bad about printing my photos. But I love her idea of creating a To Print folder each month. I'm going to start this this month and see how it goes.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • I love, love, love the pictures of baby Jack! Also, I would highly recommend the "To Print" File for every month. I'm really bad about printing off my photos, so its really nice to already have that step taken care of when I finally do get around to printing them.

    By Blogger Unknown, At January 20, 2011 at 11:21:00 PM CST  

  • Congrats on the new lens! The newborn pics are amazing, great work!

    I love Andrew's expressions and the color of his eyes is beautiful.

    Thanks for the heads up on Darcy's post. I haven't printed any of my shots, ever, I can't even believe that but the folder is a great idea, even if I don't print them out monthly, I can always go back to that folder. Great idea!

    By Blogger Coneflower Ranch, At January 21, 2011 at 9:12:00 AM CST  

  • I love your photots

    shanalmason.blogspot.com

    By Blogger ShanaM, At January 26, 2011 at 10:13:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home