Meagan Musing: Fix-It Friday

Meagan Musing

2/26/2010

Fix-It Friday


I'm participating in this week's i heart faces Fix-It Friday. Every week they post a picture and a few experts will show us how they fixed it in post-processing and then anyone else can join in, too, and link up to their own blog post.

This week's photo was an adorable little girl, but her face was really shadowed and she was a bit washed out. I love the pretty blue sky, too.

Before:


After:


I did all my editing in Lightroom 2. I first opened it in Photoshop Elements and I was totally stuck. I couldn't figure out where to start so I opened it in Lightroom and was immediately happy with what I could do to the photo.

-I warmed up the WB just a bit
-Decreased the exposure
-Upped the Fill Light
-Upped the blacks just a bit
-Tweaked the Tone Curve

I then used the adjustment brush tool to brighten up the dark spots on her face just a little and did a bit of cropping.

And that was it. I love Lightroom!

(I wish I hadn't cropped quite as much because the focus on her face is a little soft and you can see it more after the crop.)

If you participate in Fix-It Friday let me know so I can come check out your fix.

Y'all have a great weekend!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home