Meagan Musing: i heart faces Fix-It Friday

Meagan Musing

2/15/2010

i heart faces Fix-It Friday


I decided to participate in last week's i heart faces Fix-It Friday. Every week they post a picture and a few experts will show us how they fixed it in post-processing and then anyone else can join in, too, and link up to their own blog post.

(It seems a little funny to see another baby on my blog, huh?)

This is the before:



And here is my after:



I used Lightroom 2.0 first and then Photoshop Elements to finish up the background.

In Lightroom I adjusted the white balance and exposure and upped the clarity a bit. I then used the Adjustment Brush to brighten up her eyes and soften her skin just a bit.

In PSE I added the old paper photo effect and used a layer mask to mask out the subject.

It was fun to work with someone else's baby, especially those blue eyes. You can really make blue eyes pop. When I try to brighten up Andrew's eyes I feel like they take on a whole new color, which isn't really what I want to do.

Anyway, I feel like I learned something new which is what I'm aiming for. I'd love to hear from you if you have any comments or suggestions.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • What a coincedence! I just posted something about how to work with brown eyes, looking for advice.

    What a difference you made, very nice! I haven't purchased Lightroom yet, I have PSE though. Do you feel like Lightroom is a good investment? I've gone through 2 trials and have been mulling it over. I'll have to check out I Heart Faces, sounds fun!

    By Blogger Coneflower Ranch, At February 17, 2010 at 10:30:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home