Meagan Musing: Big Adventures

Meagan Musing

4/11/2009

Big Adventures

Yesterday was a big day. Kelsey and I took Andrew to Northpark Mall for the first time. I told him he should have been thrilled to be heading to the greatest mall in Texas. But I don't think he really understood the significance of the trip.

We started out in the shoe department at Nordstrom. I thought he'd just sleep peacefully in his stroller, but he started fussing under his blanket. And then he got loud and people were looking at us. I handed Kelsey the shoes I'd picked out and took off for the ladies lounge on the 2nd floor. And Andrew was asleep by the time I got up there. I just had to keep him moving.

We decided to go on to Banana because finding a pair of jeans that fit properly was really my top priority. I hurriedly tried on clothes, and just as I found jeans that weren't too awful on my post-baby body Andrew woke up, and he was very hungry. So I got to nurse him in the dressing room at Banana. Luckily they weren't too busy and no one asked us what was taking so long. I thought of Kelly and all her commenters discussing the craziest places they'd had to nurse their babies. It could have been so much worse than the Banana dressing room!

All in all it was a pretty good trip. We got to eat lunch and we were able to go back and buy the shoes we'd been looking at when we first arrived. I'm so grateful Kelsey went with me! I'm just not ready for a trip to the mall with the baby by myself yet.

And then Brian came home early to watch Andrew so I could go get a pedicure. It was the first time Brian was left alone with the baby. I fed Andrew and then handed him off to his dad in a nice sleepy state and he fell asleep on Brian's chest right away. They were in the exact same position when I got back an hour and a half later. Brian was afraid to move for fear he'd wake him up. It was too cute.

We're going to try to spend the night at Mom and Dad's today, our first night away from home. We're going to go to their church's Easter service tonight. It's supposed to rain tomorrow and our church is so busy on Easter that you have to wait outside and park miles away. We decided it would be easier to go tonight and not worry about getting Andrew out in the rain and crowds tomorrow.

So I have to go pack up our stuff for the weekend. Just thinking about all the baby gear we have to take makes me a little nuts, but I think we can get it all. And there's always the Target in Rockwall if I forget something really vital! :)

Hope you all have a happy Easter weekend!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • This story, and the grocery store story, reminds me of when Ginger and I tried to go shopping for the first time with Landon. We parked outside of Filene's and he woke up as we were walking in. We went straight to the restroom so she could nurse him, and that didn't do it for him, so we tried walking him around for a minute in the stroller to see if he'd calm down, which he didn't, so we walked right out of Filene's and back to the car! :) Hang in there, soon he'll love going to see all the people at the mall! BTW, Tthe first month pictures are darling!!!!!

    By Blogger Unknown, At April 21, 2009 at 6:12:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home