Meagan Musing: Running Month

Meagan Musing

3/09/2008

Running Month

We woke up super early on Saturday morning and immediately checked the outside temperature - 26 degrees. Well, it was going to be a chilly run!

Brian and I got all bundled up in layers and hats and gloves and headed to White Rock Lake with Matt and Kelsey. We got there just in time to pick up our t-shirts and Team Corona (Kelsey was in charge of our name; I thought it was great!) badges.

I asked to take the first leg thinking it would be better to not have to just stand around waiting in the cold weather. I still think that was a good idea, but I was half way finished with my 3.6 miles before I could really feel my feet hit the pavement.

Brian took the next leg of 5.5 miles, Kels did another 3.6 and Matt finished it off for Team Corona with the last 5.5.

Unfortunately, the guy with the timing chips was stuck at the airport in Cleveland and we have no idea what our final time was. I think it might have been somewhere around 2 hours and 35 minutes, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Afterward, we went to Ozona's for brunch and Bloody Marys with our friends Morgan and Kevin who were on their own team. That means they ran a little over 9 miles each, and they didn't even seem tired!

I was worried I'd be grouchy what with almost freezing to death and all, but I really had a great time. It was a fantastic way to start the weekend. Kelsey's now trying to talk us into the Dash Down Greenville next weekend. Matt said, "What am I? A runner?" Kelsey assured him that it was all good - March is Running Month. So it is perfectly fine to do a race two weekends in a row.

Just as long as it's a little warmer next Saturday morning.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • Way to go, Team Corona! You must feel really proud of yourselves. I know I am.

    And don't those Ozona Bloody Marys make everything better?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At March 9, 2008 at 10:42:00 PM CDT  

  • According to the Relay website we placed 57th and ran a 7:29 mile. Not sure how true it is, but I'll take it!

    http://www.ladyofthelakerelays.com/Results/08%20-%204%20PERSON%20TEAMS.htm

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At March 12, 2008 at 12:21:00 PM CDT  

  • According to the Relay website we placed 57th and ran a 7:29 mile. Not sure how true it is, but I'll take it!

    http://www.ladyofthelakerelays.com/Results/08%20-%204%20PERSON%20TEAMS.htm

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At March 12, 2008 at 12:21:00 PM CDT  

  • Team Corona! Let's do it again next year.

    There is a race called hotter than hell or something in July. We could race the extreme temps in Dallas...one in freezing weather and one in blistering hot summer heat...alright!

    By the way I'm proud of you for running! I know it wasn't easy in the cold.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At May 24, 2008 at 1:05:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home