Meagan Musing: Can Fenway Swim?

Meagan Musing

2/19/2007

Can Fenway Swim?

We had a great birthday weekend for Brian! Dinner on Friday was excellent, and Brian was very happy with all his awesome birthday presents. We enjoyed getting to see Janet on Saturday. The trip with Fenway was a little bit stressful compared to the usual drive. We only stopped once on the way there and then again on the way back. And of course, Janet just loved him! She got down on the floor and played with him. She even took him out for a potty break for me. And thankfully she was wasn't allergic to him. I think if we'd stayed longer he would have started to affect her, but for just the weekend they were fine together. The funniest thing happened while we were in Houston:

I took Fenway out for a potty break Saturday right after we arrived in Houston. He was exploring the back yard. He's getting a lot faster than he was even a few days ago so I was having a hard time keeping up with him. He dodged under the patio table and was running full speed toward the pool. He didn't even slow down! I yelled "NOOOO", but he just ran right in to the pool at full speed. He went straight down and luckily came right back up. He looked up at me with these pleading eyes as he tried to get close the edge. Thankfully, I was able to reach in and pull him out. Janet and Brian had come running as soon as they heard me scream and had a towel all ready for him. He was so cold he was shivering. Janet blow dried him, and I tried to keep him calm. He took a really long nap afterwards and didn't seem too traumatized so I'm hoping this means he's going to be a swimmer! We kept him away from the pool side of the yard after that though. I think we'll wait for the water to warm up before we try his next swim lesson. :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home