Meagan Musing: Happy 2007!

Meagan Musing

1/02/2007

Happy 2007!

It's that time of year again....

It's time to say we're going to change our lives and make everything better, but then within a month we're back to the same 'ol, same 'ol. So, if I post my New Year's resolutions here, maybe I'll stay a little bit more accountable. In no particular order:

1. I want to get more done. This may seem a little ambiguous, but I know what I'm talking about. I want to feel like I've really accomplished a lot at the end of the day. This might involve me kicking a few of my TV shows to the curb. We'll have to just follow my progress. A few examples of "getting more done".
  • Running errands on the weekends - why do I sit and watch football and play Sodoku for 8 hours on a weekend and then wonder why I didn't get more accomplished on Sunday night? This is the only time I have to get a lot of errands done. I shouldn't waste it.
  • Making sure the house is tidy before I go to bed at night. This takes an extra 5 minutes. Just a run through to make sure the dishes and stuff are all put away and we're ready to start tomorrow in a clutter-free house.
  • Don't let the mail pile up in the kitchen - it's not hard to go through the mail when we get it and toss the junk and file the important stuff. I'm going to start taking the mail to the study so I know stuff gets put in the right spot, and it doesn't pile up in the kitchen.

So you get the idea on the getting more done - just the little things that I shouldn't put off for too long.

2. Spend more quality time with Brian - this is a fun one! We spend a lot of time together, but it's nice to spend that good, quality time together at the end of the day, to talk about how work is going what we think of the latest world developments. I need to make an effort to make this time a priority.

3. Finish decorating the house - I want to have drapes hung in the den, the study and our bedroom by the end of 2007. This is trickier than it sounds. But I'm going to do my research and find the best way to get quality drapes without spending an arm and a leg.

4. Cook at home more often - I want to cook at home at least 4 nights a week. We'll eat healthier and we'll save money. This is a win-win for us! It's not that I'm a bad cook, I just get stuck in a rut so I'll seek out new recipes and try to be more adventurous. Should be fun!

5. Set aside time to work on our investments - this is one for both of us. We have to put more time and energy into our investments. It seems like such a daunting task so we need to try to take small steps. I also need to put more time into Corona investing. Again, it's just a matter or prioritizing my time.

I think 5 new resolutions for 2007 should be sufficient. It looks like I've got a lot to do! Yep...I might have to let Gilmore Girls and CSI: Miami go....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home