Meagan Musing: Away

Meagan Musing

2/09/2013

Away



Brian's sweet old Granny passed away on Thursday and we left the kids and headed to Houston to be with his mom on Friday evening.

My mom is at our house with my kiddos. This is the first time I've left either of them over night since Caroline was born.

I'd hoped our first weekend away from them would be for a quick trip to New York or maybe a few days in Napa sipping the best of the best.

But here we are, supporting family, which is so very important to us.

And I hear the kids are doing fine.

Caroline has a cough and a cold and her top canines are thisclose to breaking through. I could see their tiny points yesterday morning. So I think she had a tough time falling asleep last night, but she slept through the night and woke up happy, so that was good news.

I slept in until 8:30 - woohoo! And the college me is rolling on the floor laughing thinking of 8:30 as sleeping in.

We'll be home late Sunday night, three bedtimes away from the kids.

I will be so very happy to wake up to their soft footsteps and squeals on Monday morning.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home