Meagan Musing: Preschool Lunch Bentos - Weeks 13, 14, 15 & 16

Meagan Musing

1/25/2013

Preschool Lunch Bentos - Weeks 13, 14, 15 & 16

Oh hi. Remember when I posted photos of my cool bento lunches for the kiddos?

Yeah, it's been a while. But I'm back with lots of lunches to share!

Let's go waaaaaay back to before Christmas break.

Tuesday, December 11:


Andrew had ham and both mustard and ketchup. He had lots of apples, soaked in lemon juice to keep them crisp, and little scooby bones. He was crazy about these crackers and begged for them!



Sweet Caroline had blueberries and more lemon juice soaked apples, ham and cheese and Christmas goldfish. Those totally made it Christmas-y, right?

Thursday, December 13



Andrew had a Christmas dinosaur pb&j with red and green tortilla chips for the spikes and a few on the side. I threw in some yogurt and grapes in the little water proof cups that come with the Yubo Lunchbox.

Tuesday, December 18



Andrew had superhero sandwiches and a few little peanut butter crackers, Christmas goldfish and lots of blueberries all in his cool frog box from All Things for Sale.



Caroline had peanut butter crackers, blueberries, Christmas goldfish and ham. I threw in a cute little decoration, but I have no idea what that is. A shrimp maybe? I figured she'd get a kick out of it!

And then it was Christmas break and I made like four cute meals the whole three weeks we were off school. I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed the time off.

Not that I don't love making their lunches, but it was nice to recharge a bit, you know?

So on to January.

Tuesday, January 15


Caroline was sick so I only had to make a lunch for Andrew. We woke up on our first day back to school and it was SNOWING! We were shocked and Andrew wanted to play so I threw something together real quick so we could get outside. (The superhero sandwich stampers were from Williams-Sonoma, but it looks like they're no longer available. :( They still have Star Wars and Sesame Street though.)

Thursday, January 17



It was a big day. We had painters at our house repainting our ceiling and my sister had her baby! She was in labor and I wanted to get to the hospital, and it was all I could do to send Andrew to school with ice water. This is what he got.

Frogs! I used his new CuteZCute cutter and I was just so-so about it. Maybe I need to try different bread. I tried to cut the face, and I didn't get a good cut so I ended up just stamping it. It's cute, but it needs some work.

And that brings us to this week. Whew...

Tuesday, January 22



Andrew got a cut-up turkey dog with ketchup for dipping, carrots and cucumbers, strawberries, pita chips and graham sticks. I was going for a bit of a Valentine theme with the pink and the hearts. He loved having a hot dog! He ate everything I sent.


Caroline had some Pirates Booty and ham, yogurt melts, cheese and raspberries. Hi little lamb. She loves to tell me what the lamb says, so I thought she'd like him. She ate all her lunch too! I felt like I rocked Tuesday's lunches - ha!

Also, this little red and yellow box is on sale for $1.99 - seriously! You should get one. You do need a band to go around it to keep it together though. Like this one.

Thursday, January 24


Andrew had a little tangerine flower with blueberries, graham sticks, ham and ketchup and celery with peanut butter. I threw a little dinosaur in for fun because he's always asking for dinosaur lunches. Ha!

Now we're all caught up. As always let me know if you have any questions. I still think Amazon and All Things for Sale are the best online sources for boxes and supplies. But you can sometimes find great stuff at Target and Michael's too. You just have to be on the lookout.

Good luck!

P.S. I had a guest post at the Dallas Moms Blog earlier this month about getting started with Bentos. It's a great article if you're just beginning your bento lunch adventure.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home