Meagan Musing: Scrapbook Paper Pumpkin Banner

Meagan Musing

10/17/2012

Scrapbook Paper Pumpkin Banner

MeaganMusing: Crafty Pumpkin Banner

I had a hard time deciding what to do with my mantle this fall. I wanted something pretty that would last through Thanksgiving, but I hadn't found just the right thing until I stumbled upon this tutorial on Pinterest from Rebecca at Simple as That.



It was perfect!

I gathered all my supplies Saturday and got to it that night after the kids were in bed. (My Saturday nights are swinging!)

I used a cookie cutter to trace out the shape of the pumpkin on my scrapbook paper.

MeaganMusing: Crafty Pumpkin Banner

My shape had a stem so I cut out little coordinating leaves for the top. I attached everything with sticky glue dots. I love those things.

Then I folded and glued the book pages down over my twine and hung it up. It's so cute!

MeaganMusing: Crafty Pumpkin Banner

And I love that you can do so many things with this style. You could do snowmen with a mini jingle bell for Christmas, hearts in February and Easter bunnies in the spring.

Crafty Pumpkin Banner

And I have great plans to use it outside in a photo shoot with the kids. How cute will it be as a backdrop for a fall shoot with pumpkins and a hay bale?

I just love paper crafts and this one was easy enough for even me to do in an evening. It's my favorite kind of project!




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home