Meagan Musing: The Addams Family at Fair Park

Meagan Musing

10/05/2012

The Addams Family at Fair Park

Brian and I went on a real date this week! With Brian in school it's a rare treat for us to spend some alone time together so when we had the opportunity to go see The Addams Family at the Music Hall at Fair Park I jumped at the chance.

Our tickets to the show also let us in to the fair for the day, so we headed down a little early and took in the sights and smells of the midway.

WEB_IMG_8969

Here's where I admit that it was my first time at the State Fair of Texas - I know!

We wandered around and had corny dogs and then headed on down to the music hall.

WEB_IMG_9032


I'd heard that The Addams Family was an original story, but I didn't know what story it would be.

Well, it was a love story!

Awwwwwww...

It was just the right amount of funny, touching and silly. Uncle Fester dancing with the moon was hysterical and Wednesday's performance was great. She perfectly portrayed young love.

Source
We laughed a lot and thoroughly enjoyed it! It's really the perfect show to see after a day at the fair in October - without your young kids I think. It was a decidedly grown-up crowd. Which was perfect for us, on our first grown-up date in months. :)

I really enjoy seeing shows at Fair Park. It's such a special place for Dallas with its great history. I love its architecture and what it means to our city.

So you know I was excited when I saw the lineup for next summer: Catch Me if You Can, Wicked and I bet Andrew would love to see Mary Poppins!

But this month, you can see The Addams Family at the Music Hall at Fair Park now through October 21st. I think you'll love it!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Disclosure: DSM provided our family with two tickets to see The Addams Family, but all opinions here are mine.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home