Meagan Musing: Lunchtime Favorites

Meagan Musing

8/21/2012

Lunchtime Favorites

I know lots of kids have already gone back to school, but our preschool doesn't start until the week after Labor Day.

I'm kind of happy to have these few days here at the end of summer to spend some extra time with Andrew before he gets back to school.

And have I mentioned that Caroline is starting at Mother's Day Out one morning a week?

I'm a little worried about it. She still seems so little, but I knew I'd want her to have that experience by the spring and in order to get her in then I have to have her enrolled in the fall.

So, to MDO she goes. And I really think she'll be fine. It's me I'm worried about!

One of the things I've struggled with the most with Andrew in MDO these last two years has been what to pack for lunch.

So to better prepare this year I turned to the internet, of course.


{ 1. Another Lunch // 2. Wendolonia // 3. Wendolonia // 4. Family Fresh Meals // 

I love the idea of the little bento lunches, but I'd always thought they had to be fancy and complicated.

But, y'all, I can totally handle all of these. Add a few cookie cutters and cute skewers and we're good to go!

I'm working on a list of different foods that Andrew will eat, and I'm going to hang it on the fridge so it's always close during lunch packing time.

And I've bought a new lunchbox because he needed one anyway.

It has three small compartments and a freezer pack built in. (Like #2 up there.) He loves it so much that it went to bed with him last night. Ha!

And for more inspiration, my friend Elaine and a few other awesome bloggers are hosting a creative lunch challenge: Beyond Bologna. (I love that name!)

I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Once school gets going next month I hope to post pictures of our fun lunches on my facebook page to keep myself accountable and hopefully give y'all a bit of inspiration too. So you'll want to follow along there. 

And I'm pinning lots of great ideas to my Lunchtime Favorites board too.

I'm actually kind of excited about making lunches for Andrew this year! 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home