Meagan Musing: Stars & Stripes Printable Banner

Meagan Musing

5/22/2012

Stars & Stripes Printable Banner

Do you have big Memorial Day weekend plans?

We're excited around here. This weekend will be our first official lake weekend of the summer. We'll be at my parents' lake house for swimming, boating, beers, backyard barbecues, and lots of family of course.

So I decided to create a little patriotic banner to make our weekend a bit more festive because well, I'm kind of crazy about making fun stuff in Photoshop.

WEB_IMG_5015

This banner has been hanging on my mantel for a few days and every time I see it I think summer.

WEB_IMG_5026

It's also given me an opportunity to talk to Andrew about Memorial Day. I'm not sure he really gets it, but he knows we live in Texas, America and that counts for something, right? :)

Do you want your own stars and stripes banner?

WEB_IMG_5034

You can download the zipped file here.

(Make sure you remember to click extract all files after you download or you won't be able to print them. Also, remember, these are for personal use only!)

WEB_IMG_5032

After you've downloaded you'll need to:

-Print out the banner. You can make as many triangles and stars as you need for your space.

-Cut out the shapes. You can use a paper cutter like this one from Fiskarsor you can use your regular scissors.

-Punch a hole in the top corners of the triangles and in two ends of the stars. (I didn't do this, but I would if I were going to make it again.)

-String them together with twine.

-Hang on your mantel or wall where you're having your patriotic get-together and enjoy!

So, what are you doing for the holiday weekend?

{Linking Up for Wordless Wednesday: The Paper Mama, Naptime Momtog}

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home