Meagan Musing: Third Birthday

Meagan Musing

3/18/2012

Third Birthday

Andrew, my big boy, turned THREE last Friday. I can hardly believe it.

We've been celebrating all weekend with a special day on Friday and then his party on Saturday. We had family over Saturday evening and GJ, Brian's mom, was in town all weekend, too. Today, we've played with every single new birthday toy.

WEB_IMG_3888

We had a little five minute photo session in our backyard Friday evening.

How do y'all take pictures of your 3-year-old boys? It's hard!

WEB)IMG_3899

WEB_IMG_3898

Also, he's in a serious tongue out phase. It's his concentrating face.

WEB_AndrewBackyard

I'm sure he'll grow out of it....right?

He's so sweet and loving. He gives good hugs and likes to sit on my lap when we read books. He also likes to love on Caroline when he's not putting his feet in her face. :)

He's very busy and has endless energy. He really doesn't need to sleep very much. He gave up his nap months and months ago and is still awake from about 8am - 9pm without getting tired or whiny most days. I don't know why this is, because I certainly need lots of sleep.

One of my favorite bloggers, Beth, interviews her kids on their birthdays and I love this. I thought I'd give it a shot with Andrew, so here it is. His first birthday interview:

(He thought this was very cool, by the way. I tried to keep it pretty short and simple.)

Me: What do you want to be when you grow up?

A: How 'bout a firefighter!

Me: What's your favorite toy?

A: That excavator over there.

Me: What do you like best about Daddy?

A: I like to dance with him!

Me: What do you like best about Caroline?

A: Fenway! (Umm...I think this means he like the dog better than his sister. I'm hoping he grows out of that one too! Ha!)

Me: What do you like best about me?

A: I like to do something with you. (???)

Me: What's your favorite TV show?

A: Wow Wow Wubzy (I don't think this is true, but he'd just watched it when we did the interview.)

Me: What's your favorite food?

A: mmmm....sandwiches!

I asked him if there was anything else he wanted to share and he thought about it for a long time before answering, no, he was all done.

He's so funny now. I think he has his daddy's sense of humor, lucky guy.

I just couldn't be happier about the little boy he's growing into. I'm looking forward this this fourth year - what will it bring?

WEB_IMG_3866

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home