Meagan Musing: Disney Dream in Instagrams

Meagan Musing

3/12/2012

Disney Dream in Instagrams

We're back! I'm knee deep in laundry, but so happy to be home again after a wonderful week on the Disney Dream.

We sailed from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas and back on a five night Disney cruise and it was awesome. I took tons of pictures on my big camera, but I'm still sorting and editing.

I also took about a million iphone photos. That little phone is just so much easier to carry than my big dSLR, especially when you're lugging around a baby and a toddler and all their stuff.

So I thought I'd go ahead and share my phone pictures today and then share my dSLR photos in a later post.

CarolinePhotoBlock

We flew out super early on Sunday morning. Caroline was sleepy and did great on the plane.

IMG_2184

So did Andrew, but he didn't sleep. This was a reoccurring theme on the trip.

The boat itself was so pretty!

BoatPhotoBlock

I thought it was beautifully decorated and very tasteful. Not over the top at all, which I've definitely seen on some cruise ships. There were little Mickeys hidden throughout the boat; lots of mirrors were shaped like Mickey. It was really cute.

And all the light fixtures were amazing! I was really impressed with its design.

IMG_2201

This was the pool deck during the sail away party. It was definitely full, but we really enjoyed the show with Mickey and friends.

BeachPhotoBlock

Andrew says his favorite part was building sandcastles. We spent two days at Disney's island, Castaway Cay. We rented one of the beach cabanas so we practically had the place to ourselves.

(What, doesn't everyone use empty Miller Lite bottles to decorate their sand piles?!?)

The cabana also provided a little shelter for us so the babies were able to nap there out of the sun. And we had drink service. You really couldn't beat it. Hanging out on the beach is not my favorite, but I loved it with the cabana!

And really Andrew couldn't have been happier.

BeachShotsPhotoBlock

The cabanas were there behind the beach umbrellas and that was the view of the boat from the cabana.

Dinner was an adventure. Andrew did great and went to dinner with us every night in the dinning room, but Caroline was hit or miss. Most nights she started in the dining room with us and then ended up in the nursery.

DinnerPhotoBlock
Yes, there was a nursery. With the sweetest girls who loved on the babies. It was wonderful. I could drop C off there at bedtime and then pick her up a few hours later when she was ready to eat again anyway. This made the trip soooo much easier.

BrianPiano
Brian, my favorite piano player. Also, how beautiful is that light fixture?

Brian is so busy right now with work and school. It was nice to get to spend so much time with him last week.

It was such a fun trip! I'm already looking forward to the next time.

I'll be back later this week with my other photos. I'm also working on a post for Ana at Bluebird Kisses on tips for photographing your kids on vacation.

And, Andrew will be THREE this week! I can't believe it. So I'm busy working on his party too.

Whew...March is such a good month!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home