Meagan Musing: Half a Year

Meagan Musing

2/16/2012

Half a Year

WEB_IMG_3448Block

Oh, that face!

This totally sums up my little girl on her 6-month birthday. She is the happiest, sweetest, baby.

And I'm just wild about her!

WEB_C6MosComposite

Can you blame me?

Here's all the mom stuff that I want to be able to come back and read when she's older because this blog is her baby book...

We had her six month check-up today and she's still a chunky monkey: 17 lbs 4 ounces (70th percentile), 25.5 inches (33rd percentile.) All the chub is in her thighs. I love them. :)

CarolineDrAppt

She's wearing mostly 9 month clothes and a size 3 diaper. I started her on food when she started sitting up a few weeks ago. So far, she's a big fan of feeding herself. She loves puffs and mum-mums and does a good job with avocado, broccoli, watermelon and cantaloupe. She's not so sure about the purees we've tried. She wants the spoon, thank you very much.

Sleep....ah, sleep. She still wakes up to eat twice a night 95% of the time. Once (one night in six months!) she slept from 7:30 to 7:30 with one feeding.

I think Andrew had dropped down to one feeding by six months, but he did eventually grow out of it, so I figure she will too.

She has started napping really well. I helped her learn to fall asleep in her bed with me just shushing and patting on her and that's helped her napping so much. I nurse her, give her a quick snuggle, lay her down with her lovey and she's out in 5-10 minutes, leaving me free to tame play with Andrew.

WEB_IMG_3440

She still loves to nurse, but she's quick, which is again really nice considering I'm usually trying to wrangle Andrew while feeding her. She hasn't had a bottle in months so I think we'll just skip those again and go straight to a cup.

She's a great sitter and loves to play with her toys. She can sit on the floor and play independently for a long time, like 20 minutes. As long as she can see us I think she thinks we're playing with her so she'll just hang out, although now she's crawling backwards and keeps getting suck under the furniture. Ha!

She's recently found her voice and likes to talk to us and her toys. She's pretty interested in Fenway and she's really, really interested in Andrew.

It's so hard to get her to do anything but watch him when he's in the room. I enjoy our mornings when Andrew's in MDO because we get to play just the two of us without being distracted by her big brother.

WEB_C6MosComposite2

I really, really love having a girl to shop for. I mean, her closet is so full.

Darn Gap Kids and Mini Boden sending me 20% off emails every week. And Zulily with their daily deals on my phone! I feel like I'm developing a style with her and it's so fun! I wonder how long it'll be before she's helping me pick out her outfits?

These first six months have been challenging - we had to work out a new routine and get in to a new groove as a family of four. But I think we're doing a pretty good job.

I feel like I really know Caroline, as much as you can know a baby. I feel like I'm speaking her language now, and I know what she needs. I'm more confident this time.

I love her so much, and I'm so happy to be her mama.

Linking Up:

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home