Meagan Musing: Memories Dreams and Reflections 2011

Meagan Musing

1/01/2012

Memories Dreams and Reflections 2011

Happy New Year! It's 2012, y'all!

I'm joining Ashley's Memories Dreams and Reflections challenge this week. I had a great time looking back through my photos from the year to find these.

Enjoy!

1. Me!

WEB_40Weeks_IMG_7566

Since I was pregnant for most of 2011 I thought it was only appropriate to highlight the belly. This thing was big by the end. Caroline arrived one day shy of 41 weeks.

2. I love you

WEB_IMG_7757_Edit1

Daddy, big brother, new little sister. My heart.

3. Still laughing

WEB_IMG_5466

Seriously...this guy cracks me up everyday. I laugh every time I see this. He was so excited about boating that he needed to wear his life jacket in our living room.

4. Winter wonderland

WEB_IMG_3321_Edit1

We had a record snowfall in February. It stayed super cold for a week and we were stuck inside much longer than we were used to. But Andrew loved playing in the snow!

5. Birthday

WEB_IMG_8931

My sweet nephew turned one in October. I love the look on his face!

6. Friends

WEB_IMG_8995

These are most of the kids from my moms' group. I love these kiddo and their mamas! This is the third Halloween costume group photo!

7. I was inspired

IMG_0700

I caught Caroline's first open mouth smile with my camera phone and I was so excited about it! It may not be a perfect photo, but I always have my phone with me, ready to capture these cool moments. I joined Instagram this year and it's inspired me to snap, snap snap away with my phone.

8. Spring fever

WEB_IMG_5044_Edit1

Spring showers bring May flowers.

9. Travel or vacation

WEB_IMG_3819_Edit1

We spent five nights in the Bahamas in March. It was our first trip without Andrew. We missed him like crazy, but it was also a nice little break.

10. Summer days

WEB_IMG_5234_Edit1

Andrew had the best summer. Sprinklers, swimming and lots of sun.

11. A day in my life

WEB_IMG_1652_Edit

These two...all day, every day. It's hard work having two kids, but it's so amazingly rewarding. I love being a mom.

12. All smiles

WEB_IMG_6281_Edit1

13. Autumn Harvest

WEB_IMG_9280_Edit1

We went to Owen's Farm in October to pick out pumpkins and take a hay ride.

14. Family

WEB_IMG_2015

A goal for 2012 is more family photos! I grabbed my remote and tripod for this shot and the whole thing took 15 minutes. We can so do this more often.

15. Celebrate!

WEB_IMG_6102

Our Mavs won the championship! We went to the victory celebration at the AAC later that week. It was so cool!

16. Let's do it again...

WEB_IMG_6494_Edit1

Summers at my parents are so fun. I'm looking forward to splashing in the pool with Caroline this summer and watching Andrew swim, swim swim. And, oh, those sunsets.

17. I miss you

WEB_IMG_4114_Edit1

We lost Nana this year. She left a big, big hole. I miss her so much.

18. Beautiful

WEB_IMG_9702_Edit1

I know I'm biased because I'm her mom, but she's so pretty. And I love this picture.

19. Dress up

WEB_IMG_9326_Edit1

Andrew was a green dinosaur for Halloween this year. Sweet Caroline slept through most of Halloween, but she did have a cute pumpkin shirt and a black tutu. :)

20. Macro

WEB_IMG_7386_Edit1

I was so excited about this shot. Macros certainly aren't my specialty, but I love this one.

21. Holidays

WEB_IMG_1788_Edit1

This shot pretty much sums up our Christmas. Super hero costumes, Legos and stripey pajamas.

22. My favorite

WEB_IMG_5545_EditBW

I love everything about this shot. The black and white, the light shining in through the fence. The look on his face.

23. Don't ever change

WEB_IMG_7242

This man...he's my everything. He works hard and he loves us so.

24. Just because...

WEB_IMG_3664_EditBW

I have this shot hanging on my little gallery wall outside Andrew's room. I love the overalls and that little hand on the tree - from last winter. He looks so little still.

25. Hopes and dreams

WEB_IMG_9840

For 2012 I want to focus on life. I want to be a better mom and a better wife. I want to be more patient with everyone. And I want to be more organized.

Twenty-eleven was a pretty good year. I don't know if I'll be able to top it, but we're going to try!

Cheers!

Labels: , , , ,

14 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home