Meagan Musing: Two Kids, Really?

Meagan Musing

11/30/2011

Two Kids, Really?

People often ask me if it's been harder to go from one to two or from zero to one. I think if you're comparing the actual having a baby part then I'd say it's harder to go from zero to one. When Andrew was a baby I questioned everything and worried about sleeping and eating habits and whatnot. I just had no idea what I was doing with the baby, and I was in charge!

WEB_IMG_0058

But if you're talking about lifestyle, like being able to do things like your makeup and laundry and leave the house, then I'd have to go with the transition from one to two.

And those of you who have more than two, well, you're my hero! I can't even imagine most days.

See, when Andrew was a baby he slept some. And even if he didn't nap well, he was generally content and I could leave him happily playing on the floor while I emptied the dishwasher or folded towels or read a blog post. Sometimes I even watched a TV show while he was sleeping!

But now, as soon as I have the baby down for a nap I have to do something for Andrew. I mean, he expects me to get him dressed and make him lunch and play with him!

And I really can't let Caroline play on the floor unless I'm right there because she lives with Andrew and you just can't trust that he won't jump on her to show her how much he loves her.

WEB_IMG_0016

Throw my impatient, barking (but loving!) dog in to the mix and at the end of the day all I want to do is sit down and have a glass of wine, and maybe go to the bathroom all by myself.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home