Meagan Musing: Carrot Cake Cupcakes

Meagan Musing

11/23/2011

Carrot Cake Cupcakes

Today was cupcake making day!

WEB_IMG_0333

I'm not much of a baker, but I had a cake mix to start with which made things much, much easier. I don't usually post recipes here because, well, I don't have too much recipe expertise, but I think these turned out pretty well so I thought I'd share.

Pumpkin Spice Carrot Cake Cupcakes

1 box Carrot Cake Mix from Betty Crocker
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
3 eggs

Preheat oven to 350.

In a large bowl beat cake mix, pumpkin pie spice, oil, water and eggs on low for 30 seconds and then on medium for two minutes.

WEB_IMG_0325

Pour the batter into your cupcake trays, filling the cup about 2/3s full. (I use an ice cream scoop.)

Bake 17-22 minutes. Test your cupcakes with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, they're ready!

I then used the Buttercream Frosting recipe from Joy of Baking.

I'm so not skilled with icing cupcakes, but they taste great even if they look a little wonky.

WEB_CupcakeComposite2

And Andrew sure had fun helping me!

WEB_Composite_AndrewMixer

WEB_IMG_0327

WEB_IMG_0332

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home