Meagan Musing: Caroline is 3 Months Old

Meagan Musing

11/16/2011

Caroline is 3 Months Old

My baby girl is three months old today. Where has the time gone?

WEB_IMG_9775_Edit1

These have to have been the fastest three months of my life. I swear we just brought her home, no?

WEB_IMG_9702_Edit1

So, a little about miss Caroline at three months old:

She's big! She's in lots of 6 month clothes and weighs about 14 pounds. Lucky girl carries most of her chub in her thighs...surely that won't last forever, right? Ha!

She's still nursing every 2-3 hours during the day, but she's very specific about when she wants to eat. When she's hungry you better move fast, but if she's not hungry and I nurse her anyway she'll promptly spit up her entire feeding.

She's not a great nighttime sleeper. Her longest stretch so far has been six hours, from 9PM to 3AM. This wouldn't be so bad if I went to bed at 9PM too. Luckily she wakes up to eat and goes right back to sleep. But even still 2 - 3 wake ups a night are taking their toll on me.

She likes to sleep during the day and seems to be nice and flexible thank goodness. She'll snooze a bit in the car and still come home to take a nap. And she loves to be out and about. If she's awake she's looking around to see what we're up to.

She has the same serious face that Andrew had as a baby - it's seriously the exact same look. It cracks me up because everyone comments on it. She's just taking it all in. But she's also really smiley. It makes my day when she gives me a big grin.

WEB_CarolineComposite

She hasn't giggled yet, but we're working on it.

She adores Andrew! She wants to watch everything he does. She just smiles and smiles at him, even if he's poking her in the eye or petting her head like he does to Fenway.

She really likes her pacifier. This is totally new to me as I could never get Andrew to take one. She likes it when she's falling asleep or even when she's just restless. She'll be desperate to get her finger or her hand in her mouth and if I stick a pacifier in there she seems very relieved. So I wonder how long that will last?

WEB_IMG_9794_Edit1

She's such a good, happy content baby. I feel so, so blessed. While life with two kids is pretty wild and crazy I wouldn't change a thing!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home