Meagan Musing: Baby Girl's Nursery

Meagan Musing

8/09/2011

Baby Girl's Nursery

As soon as we found out we were having a girl I started thinking about how I wanted to decorate her nursery.

I started this board on Pinterest, and went to Home Depot to look at paint colors.

I decided I wanted to paint the walls a soft blue/gray color, but had a hard time finding just the one I wanted. I also had an idea of what I was looking for in bedding, but couldn't quite nail it down. Remember this post?

We finally decided on the Lily Bedding from Pottery Barn. I love its patchwork look and all the colors are soft and lovely. Also, that ruffly bed skirt? Couldn't be prettier.

Then we chose Light French Gray walls, Pastel China for the ceiling, and had the chair rail added. (The pink ceiling was my mom's idea and I love it.)

And everything else kind of fell in to place from there.

Here is the finished room:

WEB_IMG_7478_Edit1

WEB_IMG_7257_Edit1

The furniture is Andrew's old furniture; it's Young America by Stanley.

WEB_Chair&FabricComposite

I used this tutorial I found on Pinterest to make the fabric embroidery hoops. They were so easy. I'm the least crafty person ever, and even I could do it.

WEB_IMG_7279_Edit1

The prints over the crib are from this shop on Etsy, and I ordered the frames from Exposures.

The chandelier and lamp are both from Pottery Kids and the glider is from Little Castle.

WEB_IMG_7471_Edit1

The drapes are custom from Calico Corners and we will be able to use them for a long, long time. I decided to go with the plaid, thinking we could pair it with lots of things as she gets older and wants a more grownup room.

WEB_IMG_7469_Edit1

We hung these old hooks from Ballard Designs with ribbons for hair bow storage over by the changing table.

WEB_IMG_7272_Edit1

And now we're just waiting for her arrival so we can name her and hang her monogram over the changing table. I'm pretty sure we're going to go with this one from Etsy in pink.

I'm so happy with her room. I keep wandering in there just to look around. I'm so anxious for her to get here. So soon!

Updated!

She's here and we finally named her: Caroline Claire.

Here's the monogram over her changing table. It's a brighter pink than I thought it was going to be, but it's pretty and adds a nice little pop to that side of the room.

WEB_IMG_8017_Edit1

I did end up ordering it from Leen the Graphics Queen on Etsy and I'm so happy with the font. It's so pretty!

Sweet Shot Day

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home