Meagan Musing: 40 Weeks Due

Meagan Musing

8/10/2011

40 Weeks Due

I wasn't sure if I would have a 40 week post, but here I am, still great with child.

WEB_40Weeks_IMG_7566

It's really not that bad that I'm still here though. I'm a big believer that babies come when they're good and ready and that a few extra days (or even weeks!) are worth it in the grand scheme of things.

My first goal with trying for a VBAC was just to make it to my due date so I feel like I've already had one success. And if I have to have a repeat c-section next week, well, at least I've made it this far.

We had a busy day yesterday, shopping and lunch with my sister and nephew and then a playdate with a friend from my mom's group. I realized at the end of the day that I'd sat down very little and was having some good, strong braxton hicks contractions.

But they were gone as soon as I got in bed.

Last night was the first night I've really slept poorly. Andrew woke me up at 3AM and then I was wide awake until 5AM. Andrew climbed back in my bed at 6AM.

*sigh*

I'm hoping this was a fluke and not the start of a terrible nighttime sleep regression. That would be bad timing.

Honestly, I'm just ready to wear new clothes. It's too hot to wear much and I'm so tired of all my maternity dresses. Most of them are my sister's, and I don't think she'll want them back after I've practically worn them out. So maybe we can have some kind of maternity dress destruction party. :)

The stores have their fall clothes out now. This drives me crazy because I know it's still months and months until it'll cool down enough for us to wear them here, but they're so tempting.

Well, this post has gone in a funny direction. But I'll leave you with this:

This week Dallas is going to break our 30 year record of 42 consecutive days with temperatures over 100 degrees. I will be able to say that I was nine months pregnant during the hottest summer we've ever seen.

She's so going to be worth it.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home