Meagan Musing: Memorial Day Weekend

Meagan Musing

5/30/2011

Memorial Day Weekend

I am so thankful to live here, in these amazing United States. I am thankful for all the freedoms we enjoy and realize how blessed we are to get to celebrate our country and those who have served on this Memorial Day holiday.

We celebrated with our first official lake weekend of the season. And it was a good one! We headed to my parents' place on the lake Saturday afternoon for a weekend of grilling, swimming and general merriment.

My cute little nephew was there.

WEB_IMG_5577_Edit1

Look at that after-bath hair! Reid has the funniest hair I've ever seen on a baby. It's starting to grow out and lay down a bit now, but for about two months it all stood up on end just like this - all the time. So darling.

WEB_IMG_5647_Edit1

Andrew had been really excited about the lake and going out on the boat. Unfortunately it was too windy to take him out this trip, but he didn't lack for water time.

WEB_IMG_5674_Edit1

WEB_IMG_5673_Edit1

I'm so glad we've been in swimming lessons this spring. We had a chance to practice some of the techniques we've learned in class, and he did really well.

He wasn't even scared to jump in to Daddy.

WEB_IMG_5664_Edit1

WEB_IMG_5667_Edit1

My parents' pool has a tanning ledge on one end that sits about six inches deep so we were able to play with all the pool toys up there and then periodically take him out in to the deeper water.

WEB_IMG_5655_Edit1

It's perfect for babies and toddlers. We didn't even put Andrew in floaties this weekend.

I can't wait to see what he can do by the end of the summer.

Saturday night was beautiful. We grilled out and enjoyed the view.

WEB_IMG_5594

And Sunday night we had a babysitter so we adults were able to go out for a wonderful, leisurely dinner.

I had so much help with Andrew from Brian and my parents this weekend that you'd think I'd be nice and rested and ready to start our first week of summer, but right now I'm just feeling sleepy and ready for bed. The sun and the swimming really take it out of you. Oh, and being 30 weeks pregnant will do it to you, too. :)

At least all that activity means Andrew was out like a light at bedtime tonight.

I hope you all got to celebrate this great holiday with dear friends and family and fun!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home