Meagan Musing: Crazy Twos

Meagan Musing

5/22/2011

Crazy Twos

Andrew is so clearly a two-year-old that some days I don't know if we're going to make it to three. Today was one of those days where he did the exact opposite of everything I asked him to do.

M: Andrew, let's go play outside! A: No!
M: Andrew, I know you're hungry. Let's have chicken nuggets for dinner. A: No!
M: PJ's are on. It's time to brush your teeth! A: No, where's Daddy?

Brian was working on his handyman list around the house all day today so Andrew didn't get much play time with him. I think Andrew was really frustrated that Brian was here at the house, but that he still had to spend most of the day with me.

Seriously as I was washing him off after dinner he repeated no,no,no,no about 30 times. I said, "Andrew, is no your favorite word?". And he said, "NO! Dolphin is!". Whatever you say, buddy.

We still tried to do fun stuff today anyway. We just had to work it in around the bad attitude.

Basketball!

WEB_IMG_5449

WEB_IMG_5451

Hmmm...do you think we should get him a kid-sized ball?

We also made these yummy Banana Apple Muffins from Weelicious.

WEB_IMG_5456

WEB_IMG_5457

WEB_IMG_5454

WEB_IMG_5461

These are so yummy and so easy to make. The recipe makes about 48 mini muffins and I think Andrew and I together ate a full dozen today. Oops.

We also made a quick trip to Target and picked up a life jacket to get ready for the holiday weekend at the lake next week. We never took Andrew out on the boat last year, and I can't wait to get him out there soon. He's going to love it!

He was so excited about the life jacket that he wore it all around the house this afternoon.

WEB_IMG_5466

Clearly he was in need of a floatation device in our den.

WEB_IMG_5468

WEB_IMG_5473

He makes me laugh even when he makes me want to cry. Ah, motherhood.

Hope you had a fun weekend, too!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • two year olds are so fun! he's adorable. Love his life jacket!

    By Blogger deb duty, At May 23, 2011 at 11:49:00 AM CDT  

  • I wish I could say it gets better at three, but that would totally be a lie. haha.. Cute pics!

    By Blogger Jamie Kubeczka, At May 23, 2011 at 2:33:00 PM CDT  

  • Oh - I just LOVE this post!! When my little man was that age I used to tell myself over and over and over "this will get easier when he's four" seriously - walking through the grocery store with my screaming two year old, chasing after him through the Library, dealing with the tantrums and the general insanity of having a two year old... and you know what. It is easier, and my little man is only three and a half. We still have our moments, but it's definitely easier now. You'll get through this phase :) It'll be over before you know it.
    BTW: That photo of the muffins is AMAZING. LOVE your light!! :)

    By Blogger faith ann raider, At May 23, 2011 at 9:30:00 PM CDT  

  • This pretty much sums up being a mom :) Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em! I just love his little life jacket!

    By Blogger Unknown, At May 24, 2011 at 1:05:00 PM CDT  

  • The basketball picture is terrific. Outstanding composition.

    By Anonymous Denise, At June 2, 2011 at 5:13:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home