Meagan Musing: Happy Camper Tee

Meagan Musing

5/20/2011

Happy Camper Tee

I knew it was bound to happen soon, but y'all I'm starting to get really, really tired. I do okay for most of the day but by about 7 or 8PM I am just done. We went to the Mavs game on Tuesday night and didn't get home until 11:30; Wednesday was a really long day.

I used to be so good about going to bed at 10:30 every night. That was back when Andrew went to sleep at a decent hour. He goes to bed so late these days that I consider it a victory if he's asleep by 9:00.

And that doesn't leave me much me time and I know you know how important that is. So, I end up staying up 'till midnight and then vowing to go to bed earlier the next night. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Anyway, I really wanted to show y'all these cute Andrew pictures.

WEB_IMG_5428

WEB_IMG_5429

WEB_IMG_5430

I love his new green shirt. It's a great color on him and it's just so cute.

WEB_IMG_5423

It's from Honey Bee Tees, the little shop started by one of my favorite bloggers, Darby, at Fly Through Our Window. If you don't read her blog I'd highly recommend it. She always has great recipes and crafts to share and lots of pictures of her darling kids.

I also ordered the tractor shirt. Andrew's really excited about that one.

These photos give me a great opportunity to point out the importance of a big aperture (low number) and shallow depth of field in your pictures.

Andrew was standing in my unbelievably messy kitchen this evening when I took these using my speedlite. I used my 50mm f/1.4 at f/2.8 and was only about 2 feet from my subject. The perfect recipe for making those dirty dishes and kitchen towels fade into the background.

Now if only I could make those things disappear in real life. :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • CUTE shirt!! My son stays up till 9:00 most every night. If I put him to bed any earlier, he wakes up before 6:00...and I just can't have that. LOL Maybe you'll get a schedule figured out soon that will work for all of you! "Me Time" is crucial! Love that shirt!

    By Blogger Courtney K., At May 20, 2011 at 11:06:00 AM CDT  

  • Love it :) If you figure out how to get those dishes to disappear let me know! And the shirt IS adorable, and so is Andrew!!! I just can't get over how darn cute he is!

    By Blogger Unknown, At May 20, 2011 at 11:27:00 AM CDT  

  • just beautiful! what great shots...love the bit about making the towels and dishes disappear...isn't that the truth? Have long since been thinking about getting a 50mm and now it has a permanent spot on my wish list :)
    xoxo
    Kristen
    threeinthenest.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Kristen, At May 22, 2011 at 2:30:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home