Meagan Musing: Sunday Night

Meagan Musing

11/07/2010

Sunday Night

It's Sunday night on time change day, which means it's been dark for hours. I love the time change. I'm one of those strange birds who wishes we could just stay on standard time all year.

We wouldn't have to worry about changing all our clocks around, (which drives me crazy) and we wouldn't have to wake up in the dark nearly as much.

My Cowboys are playing the night game, and they're making me sad again. But I've gotten pretty numb to the bad play so it's not as bad as it was a few weeks ago. Now I'm just less hopeful. I miss Tony, but I bet he's really happy he doesn't have to play any more this season.

We had one of those awesome, stay-at home weekends that I wish we had more often. Brian's mom Janet, Andrew's G.J., came in to town on Thursday afternoon. We were playing out in the front yard when she pulled up to the house.

Andrew ran up to her with his arms out for a hug and said "Jay-Jay" as soon as he saw her. I'm pretty sure her heart melted right there.

He hadn't seen her since August so I was thrilled he was so excited to see her again. We heard lots of "Jay-Jay, Jay-Jay" this weekend!

WEB_IMG_1431_Edit1

Friday night I made Baked Bree's Spaghetti and Meatballs, but I used jarred sauce because I'm just not that motivated. They were still really yummy.

Saturday morning we went to a birthday party for our friend Cody who turned two. It was at the flight museum at Love Field and it was so fun. Andrew got to jump in his first bounce house! And there were lots of planes to climb in to and explore. And we got to see our friend Jeff. (Hi Jeff!)

WEB_IMG_1409_Edit1

You'd think we were on a Southwest flight, but no, we're just hanging out at a birthday party!

WEB_IMG_1378_Edit1

I love this. Andrew was inside the plane and the plane's windshield is apparently very reflective. So you can see the word Canon on Andrew's forehead. It's like a pseudo-self portrait.

WEB_IMG_1371_Edit1

(Seriously, girls pay lots of money for eye lashes like that.)

WEB_IMG_1372_Edit1

It was a great place for a birthday party and Andrew was worn out when we got home.

He took the longest nap ever that afternoon so I took that time to go see Kelsey and baby Reid. He is so sweet and so darling. Two week old babies are awesome.

Janet went home this morning and then we headed to church. Andrew loves the nursery now which makes me so happy. He's a very social toddler, and I think he just likes being in there with the other kiddos. And he's learned that we're coming back soon so he doesn't get upset when we leave him there.

We played outside a bit this afternoon.

WEB_IMG_1448_Edit1

I'm loving this jacket weather.

And now, the Cowboys have lost by an embarrassing amount, and I'm heading to bed.

Hope you all had fun weekends, too!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • I know this is gonna sound crazy coming from an Eagles fan, but I truly am sorry about how the season is going for your Boys. Been there, done that. I just heard about the coach being fired and that just has to put a damper on the enthusiasm as well and adds to the chaos.

    The rivalry between our two teams is legendary and I always look forward to a good game when they play each other. Hopefully it will be when they meet in the two games to come!

    By Blogger Coneflower Ranch, At November 9, 2010 at 10:58:00 AM CST  

  • Welcome!! Glad you found my Texas Blogging Gals. You will be on the next updated list. Enjoyed a first visit.

    Following....

    Come see me at my personal blog, too, real soon.

    www.dfseason.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Diana Ferguson, At November 9, 2010 at 2:05:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home