Meagan Musing: We Cook! (and Thankfulness)

Meagan Musing

11/03/2010

We Cook! (and Thankfulness)

It feels like fall in Dallas this week. Fall is my very favorite season, and I'm always so happy when it shows up.

It rained yesterday, which I really don't mind, but Andrew was a little sad that it meant we couldn't go outside to play.

So we got to "cook" instead.

WEB_IMG_1357_Edit

WEB_IMG_1352_Edit1

He loves all my kitchen utensils. When I let him play with them he runs in to the den, dumps them all out and says "cooking!". Warning: always rinse off the spatula before using with real food.

WEB_IMG_1359_Edit1

WEB_IMG_1349_Edit1

Do you think this poor kid needs a haircut or what? I wanted to take him last week, but my mom and Brian encouraged me to wait just a little longer. And then yesterday he got rained on and looked like this for the rest of the afternoon.

He really reminded me of a picture I've seen of my dad from the 70's. I think as a teenager he had Andrew's same haircut.

WEB_IMG_1351_Edit1

Last week I took newborn photos of my new nephew Reid. I'm planning to share a few with you guys later this week. It's taking me longer to edit them than I thought it would. I think the hardest part has been trying to pick my favorite thirty photos or so.

How do the professionals do it? Maybe it helps to not be totally in love with your subject. :)

And finally, I've seen lots of bloggers commit to writing every day in November about something they're thankful for in honor of Thanksgiving. Well, I know better than to commit to writing every day, but I do think I'll add something I'm thankful for to every post in November.

So today I'm thankful for:

(These seems a little obvious, but are so true.)

1. Brian: He's a terrific dad, a wonderful provider, he makes me laugh every day and he loves me like crazy.
2. Andrew: He keeps me on my toes, fills our home with joy and makes me want to be the very best mom I can be.

Let me know if you're doing thankfulness posts in November. I'd love to visit!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Eli loves to "cook" as well - its a great way to keep him busy while I make dinner.
    I love the idea of writing about something you're thankful for every day. I'll do it, too. And I'm going to try to do it every day! Wish me luck!

    By Blogger Unknown, At November 3, 2010 at 5:39:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home