Meagan Musing: Home!

Meagan Musing

7/02/2010

Home!

We're back from our quick trip to Vegas. We had a wonderful time! I loved getting away for a few nights, and even though I really missed Andrew, it was totally worth it. 



This was the awesome view from our room at the Bellagio.

We went to an excellent dinner with Matt and Kelsey Friday night, and then Brian and I stayed up until 3am playing blackjack.  I couldn't believe I could keep my eyes open that long.  We'd really planned to go to bed early, but we were actually winning!

And it was a good thing we enjoyed winning Friday night because that was the only time we won all weekend.



Saturday we rented a cabana at the pool at the hotel and just relaxed all afternoon.  My parents joined us later on Saturday, too.

It is really, really hot in Vegas in June. I knew it would be, but wow. So the Bellagio kept their pool water ice cold and it felt so good. It was a shock when I first got in, but when it's 106 degrees sitting in 70 degree water is perfect!

Sisters!

You'd never guess one of us is 24 weeks pregnant - and no it's NOT ME!

We went to see O Saturday night, which was awesome and had another nice dinner.  None of us won a thing on Saturday night.

We were back in the pool cabana for the day on Sunday.  That is the best way to hang out at the pool!  There was  a TV and food and drink service.  It would be awesome to go in the fall because you could watch football while hanging out at the pool!



We wondered around town a bit and checked out the new Citycenter.  It's very modern.  My dad hated it, but I kind of liked it.  It  made me think of Tomorrow Land at Disney World.


Andrew loves hot air balloons so I had to get a photo of the balloons at the Bellagio.  He would have loved them!

We went over to the Wynn for dinner Sunday.  We ate at SW Steakhouse and it was incredible!  I'd like to stay there next time.

And then that night we gave all our money to the blackjack tables at the Bellagio.  Brian swears he'll never play blackjack there again.  It was sad, but we still had a great trip.

Andrew was just as happy as could be.  Janet thought three nights was probably just the right amount of time for us to be gone for the first time. 

And if you're wondering if you can take a trip while still nursing, the answer is - yes, yes you can.  I pumped twice a day and then when I got home Andrew was perfectly happy to get right back to it.  I had thought he might decide to self-wean while I was gone, but nope.

All in all it was an excellent weekend!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • What fun! I've only been to LV once in 2004 and had a blast! My sister & I were there to visit my cousin who was there for work (she worked for The Tonight Show and it was taping at the Paris Hotel) so we stayed with her for free and got to attend all the tapings that week. We saw "O" too and loved it. I'd never seen a Cirque Du Soleil show before and boy was I amazed. Glad you had a wonderful time!

    By Blogger Coneflower Ranch, At July 13, 2010 at 10:43:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home