Meagan Musing: Week of Firsts

Meagan Musing

6/11/2010

Week of Firsts

Andrew went to his first day of Mother's Day Out this week. I was really nervous about it. I had that first day of school feeling the night before, but I don't think Andrew lost any sleep over it. :)


Andrew has been really upset the last few times we've dropped him off at the church nursery so I was expecting the same reaction to MDO, and I was right. As soon as we got close to his room he squeezed me really tight and started to whimper. It was so sad.

I got him distracted with some blocks and then kissed him bye and told him I'd be back that afternoon. He seemed fine, but then I went down the hall to drop off some paperwork, and that's when I heard him wail! It was seriously loud.


When I came back to pick him up he was standing by the door and when he saw me he started to cry and push on the door to escape. I scooped him up and he calmed down right away.

His teacher is so sweet and she said he really did okay most of the day, but that he would get sad and cry every once in a while.

We're starting with one day a week this summer and then he's going to go two days a week in the fall. I know it'll be good for him to socialize with other kids, and it'll be great for me to have some kid-free hours in the week. But I hope it gets easier on him.


My mom suggested talking it up to him so he thinks it's the greatest thing ever when he gets to go back. So I showed him his little lunch bag and told him he could take it to school with him next week. And I talked to him about playing with all his friends in class. I have no idea if it will help, but he really understands so much these days that I figure it can't hurt.

Not only did he have to start MDO this week, but he's also cut four molars in the last few days - two on top and two on bottom. So I know he's been in some serious pain, which makes him extra clingy and whiny.

I'm hoping next week is a little easier for him.

But he's still just as cute as ever. Don't you think? Now if only I could get him to look at the camera.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home