Meagan Musing: New Friends

Meagan Musing

5/25/2010

New Friends

Back when Andrew was just a few months old I saw a note in our church newsletter about a first-time mom's group meeting. It was starting in a few weeks, and I called the group's coordinator that day to sign up.

I couldn't wait to meet other ladies who were going through the same stuff I was - sleepless nights, figuring out how to breastfeed, should we schedule naps? can we really leave the house??

We met at the church the first few weeks, and then we were on our own to start playgroups or a mom's night out.

And we've been meeting fairly regularly ever since. Sometimes we bring the babies and sometimes we leave them at home so we can talk (and drink wine).

I am so so thankful for these girls. They have answered so many questions for me. They have made me feel like maybe I'm not crazy to worry over baby food, sleep schedules and Mother's Day Out.

And now that the babies are older they are a great source for activity when our kids need to play, play, play and we just need to get out of the house and hang out with other grown-ups.

We've even gotten our husbands together so they can put faces with the names when we tell them what the other girls' babies are accomplishing.

I wish every new mom had a chance to connect with other women in the same boat. I know these ladies were just what I needed at just the right time. And they're turning in to amazing friends.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home