Meagan Musing: What She Said

Meagan Musing

8/14/2009

What She Said

Kelly's confessions post cracked me up. I could have written most of it, except for the five hours worth of naps part. Whose baby naps for five hours in one day?? Andrew usually takes two naps and they both last about 45 minutes. Sometimes I'm lucky and he'll sleep for a whole hour in the morning. But when he is asleep, I'd much rather shop online than fold the laundry.

We don't eat at the dinner table either. I keep worrying about what we're going to do when Andrew is old enough to eat dinner as part of the family. We've been eating in the den in front of the t.v. after I put the baby down, but I don't think that'll work for much longer.

I want him to eat dinner with us. So Brian just needs to come home from work earlier so we can eat by 6:30 or 7:00. That might be a little easier said than done. His days are busy!

I also plan to start making my own baby food, but I don't have high hopes for my follow through. But check back with me in a few weeks, and I'll let you know how I'm doing with that project.

My little baby is going to be 5 months old on Sunday, and I can't believe how fast the time has gone by! The first month or two were a little tough and seemed to creep by. But now that he smiles and reaches for me and stays awake for loooong periods of time it's like we're in fast forward.

He's sitting up and stands up on his feet when I pull him up from the changing table. He's cutting his first tooth and putting on the pounds.

Being a mom is just the most wonderful thing, and I'm enjoying it more than I ever thought I would. We're so blessed.



Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Our little Andrew is growing up so fast!

    This blog is great, I'm sure we will be looking back over the years...I already find myself going back to see Andrew all brand new. Your picture taking is getting good too. It's not like you need any encouragement on the picture taking and the blogging (I know you enjoy it) but you are doing a great job!!!

    By Anonymous Brian, At August 26, 2009 at 11:58:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home