Meagan Musing: Welcome 2009!

Meagan Musing

1/11/2009

Welcome 2009!

It's already January 11th - how did that happen? We've had a wonderful Christmas with family, a New Years trip to the Caribbean and my 29th birthday since I last blogged. And they were all fabulous!

We took a quick trip to Houston to see Brian's family before Christmas Day, headed back to Dallas to celebrate with my family, and then had about 36 hours to get ready and packed to go to St. Maarten and St. Barths for a New Years boat trip. It was a whirlwind, but it was worth it. We had such a great time with everyone.

We had to board Fenway for 9 nights during our trip, and I had the hardest time going off and leaving him. Brian had to be the one to drop him off because I just knew I'd lose it at the kennel. Brian assured me he was just going to "summer camp" and would have a grand time. We all survived our week apart and the girls at the Dog Lofts assured me that he had a good time. He was really excited to come home though, and I think he's been on his best behavior this week.

So now that the holidays and our trip are behind us I'm solely focusing on having a baby, and holy cow, that's kind of scary! We have so much to do. Brian put the crib together Friday night and we shopped for a baby mattress and a glider for the nursery yesterday. I finally finished my registry selections last week and our shower is in less than two weeks.

Brian also started the Great Paint Project 2009. We're painting the nursery three shades of blue - one light blue (Mediterranean Breeze) for the bulk of the room and bathroom, a darker blue accent wall behind the white crib, and the ceiling will be half the light blue color. I'm sooo glad this is Brian's project. He's doing an awesome job. I'll try to take some action shots to post later.

I felt great on our vacation, but my back has really been sore ever since we got home. I think my body loved all the laying around and relaxing. Unfortunately that's not much of an option at home (where I actually have stuff I have to get done!) so I'm just trying to take frequent breaks and lay down every once in a while during the day. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

  • I see you added a Harper button. God must be working overtime to listen to all the prayers for that family. And it looks like He may bless them with a full recovery. Yea God!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At January 23, 2009 at 5:16:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home