Meagan Musing: Superhero Birthday Party

Meagan Musing

3/13/2013

Superhero Birthday Party


Oh what fun we had at Andrew's party! A bounce house! A face painter! A balloon maker! Bright blue frosting!

But mostly it was the great friends that made it so much fun. We had lots of Andrew's friends from school, our friends from my mom's group, our sweet neighbors and family.

It was awesome.

The party was in the afternoon and it rained all morning. I was so worried and the bounce house was soaked. The rain cleared up just in time for the party to start so Brian and my dad and a few brave friends got inside with beach towels to soak up the water, but the kids would have bounced in a rainy house anyway. :)

So I started planning weeks and weeks ago and it was so exciting to see it all come together.

The details:


I used flowers and custom designed and cut (with the Silhouette) shapes all through the house.


I used a cutout city scene for the food table backdrop. It was made with a black project board with gold glitter and yellow card stock cut into various square shapes.


I also hung a few comic book page banners. These were the easiest banners I've made. Loved them!


We hung paper poufs here for Caroline's first birthday, and I was super excited to find these lanterns for Andrew's party. We might just leave them up all the time. :)

These popcorn boxes and juice box wraps were a last minute addition.





Water bottle labels are so simple, but add a lot to the decor.

And the cake!
I didn't get a good photo before the party, and oops - we ate some! :)
I wanted something simple to let the cute little toppers be the centerpiece.


As the kids were leaving they picked up a cape, a mask and a little batman bracelet. They all looked so cute in their masks. :)

It was so much fun, and I'd do again in a heartbeat. But probably we'll have to do something else next year. Ha!

Sources:
Capes & Masks: Sew Plain Jane
Popcorn boxes, Lanterns & Batman bracelets: Party City
Color Cardstock: Michael's
Flowers & Cupcakes: Kroger
Bounce House: Dallas Party Rentals
Face Painter/Balloon Maker: Plano Party Animals
Comic Books: Barnes & Noble

Linking up with these fun girls:

Moonlight & Mason Jars - Monday Night Link Party

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home