Meagan Musing: Portaits in the Backyard

Meagan Musing

2/17/2013

Portaits in the Backyard

My 35mm f/1.4L is on my camera about 90% of the time these days. It's a wonderful lens with rich, full color and it's so sharp and quick to focus. It's perfect for the everyday lifestyle photos that I generally shoot. I really, really love it.

But last week I switched it out for my 85mm f/1.8 for an afternoon. It's pretty long on my crop sensor, but it was fun and it's so different than my 35mm.



Chubby baby wrists...mmmmm. :)


We're getting him a bike for his birthday. He's going to be so excited get off of this toddler sized tricycle.



The bokeh on a longer lens is so creamy.

Most of these are straight out of camera too, just resizing and a little sharpening for web.


This lens also has magical powers to turn my children into big kids. They're so grown up looking in all of these.

I don't know how it happened.

So I'm challenging myself to switch it up more. I'm going to use my 85mm outside for the next few weeks, while keeping my 35mm on my camera for indoor/playtime shots.

I'm hoping it sparks a little creativity in me. Sometimes we all need a little change of pace.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home